**Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available **
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Complex Care Manager Outpatient - Care Mgmt for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation is $39.24 – $58.86; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or work location.
Oversees and evaluates coordination of integrated population management across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes. Develops care management programs addressing a wide scope of health care needs and conditions in partnership with physicians, health care professionals and patients. Identifies, coordinates, and case manages a panel of clinically high-risk complex patients and provides oversight for caregivers who manage patients at moderate or low risk.
Details of Position
- Accountable for development and continuous evaluation and assessment of population management programs, tools and delivery of care coordination services. Collaborates with system and regional leadership to optimize processes and metrics.
- Risk-stratifies patients according to protocols, assesses patient data, and works within interdisciplinary care team to assess patient’s physical, cognitive, emotional and behavioral status as well as social and financial support systems.
- Works with patients and families to create and implement a care plan that meets identified needs and incorporates services that improve outcomes. Adjusts care plan to patient activation and risk levels through ongoing monitoring of patient.
- Delegates and oversees the care management of lower-risk patients as well as routine chronic disease population management tasks to assigned caregivers.
- Tracks, evaluates, and provides oversight for transitions of care, synchronizing “warm handoffs” between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. Facilitates and ensures the sharing of information across people, functions, and sites.
- Demonstrates leadership, mentorship and teamwork within dedicated care teams including clinicians, chronic disease care coordinators, medical assistants, pharmacists, social workers and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- BSN/MSN preferred
- Minimum of three years of clinical nursing experience in an ambulatory or clinic setting.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques. Such proficiency is usually acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing; any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Care Management or Care Coordination experience preferred.
- Utilization management/quality management experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Care Management Certification within two years of hire preferred.
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Interpersonal skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients’ needs and age as required for assessment range of treatment, and patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and supervise the performance of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to provide training, mentorship and development to clinic staff.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Effective prioritization skills
PHMG Ambulatory Care Management:
- Educational experience: deliver patient education and teaching including medication injections and medical equipment training (Glucometer).
- Lengthy computer work on reports and clinical chart may be required.
- Ability to work in an independent and remote environment as position may be a hybrid of onsite and remote work.
- Ability to work from home in a secure environment free of distractions with appropriate high speed connectivity
- Valid drivers’ license. Responsibilities may include home visits as needed and/or travel to and from clinic sites at multiple locations.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Maureen, [email protected]
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.