**Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available **
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant - Anesthesia Pre-op for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation is $20.19 - $30.98; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience, work location, and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
Details of Position
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associates degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum 2 years post certification experience in a medical office and/or a minimum of two years’ experience in surgical offices required.
See below for licensure/certification requirements for each community. When referring to the National Certification requirement below, the following are acceptable in meeting that requirement:
- Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants AAMA
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) administered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through American Allied Health (AAH)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understand the principles of asepsis if applicable.
- Must have current Medical Assistant National certification or be a National Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) at date of hire.
OREGON WEST NETWORK – SHMC Anesthesia Clinic:
- Does not perform Essential Functions # 3, 4, 5 or 8 above.
- May provide phone screening of patient to obtain general admission history, medication reconciliation, and schedule appointment for clinic visit.
- Minimum of two years post certification experience in a medical office and/or a minimum of two years’ experience in surgical offices required.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.