The Maintenance Engineer II - Facilities position a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.83.
Performs a variety of skilled journeyman level general, mechanical and preventative maintenance tasks. Conducts inspections, servicing, repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities of the medical center and medical center owned facilities. May serve as a technical expert in HVAC operations, service, and repair.
Details of Position:
- Performs skilled repairs and operates plant equipment such as boilers, chillers, HVAC, air conditioners, fans, water systems and other fixed mechanical equipment. Ensures all HVAC work is in compliance with state hospital codes, EPA requirements, Uniform Mechanical Code, NFPA 70, NFPA 99 and all other applicable codes and standards.
- Operate building equipment and utility systems in a manner that will optimize the provision of a code compliant, safe, comfortable and healing environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Respond to and resolve skilled facility installation and repair requests for electrical, plumbing and department equipment as assigned.
- Document work on computerized work orders in such a way as to provide accurate repair and preventive maintenance history.
- Requisition, order and use maintenance and repair parts in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate, oversee and ensure outside vendor service is properly completed and meets hospital standards for repair and maintenance as assigned.
- Maintain and continually enhance operation, maintenance and repair knowledge of hospital utility systems and components, non-medical equipment and other assigned fixtures and appliances.
- Respond to and resolve alarm or emergency situations involving utility systems, life safety systems and equipment, general facility equipment including all non-medical fixtures and appliances.
- Maintain knowledge of hospital disaster, fire and hazardous material emergency processes. Actively participate in drills and critiques as well as actual emergencies.
- Maintain knowledge of current required safety practice and always performs daily work in compliance with these safety practices.
- Perform new equipment in-coming inspection and installation as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- High-school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program or a combination of skills, ability and experience required.
- Associate's degree in electrical or mechanical field of study preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in facility maintenance required.
- Experience with industrial or commercial HVAC maintenance and/or service experience strongly preferred.
- Refrigerant handling certification and WA General Electrical License (01), Specialty License (06, 07) or LME or equivalent required
- Washington or Oregon State driver’s license is required.
LONGVIEW - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work constantly requires active physical exertion less than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.