PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician I for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Evening position. Hourly compensation is $20.94 – $31.44; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Hours: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment as applicable. Also responsible for inspecting and assembling instruments, trays, and packs.
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment and instruments for surgical cases.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Collaborates with the Perioperative Nursing staff to provide sterile instrument sets and equipment in an accurate and timely manner. Assist in maintaining consistent and continuous workflow, providing superior customer service.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise designated)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Sterile Process Technician preferred.
- Certification from IAHCSMM as a Certified Registered Central Service Tech (CRCST), or certification from CBSPD as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Tech (CSPDT) within one year of hire.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
REGIONAL SPECIFIC NOTES:
PHMG Ambulatory Surgery Center - Bellingham:
Additional Essential Functions:
- Will also perform the responsibilities of a Patient Access Rep (PAR) 50% of the time. (Please refer to PAR job profile for Essential Functions).
- May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
- other requirements:
- Six months’ experience as a Sterile Processing Technician or Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor preferred.
- One year of medical office or related experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.