PeaceHealth is a mission driven, non-profit, healthcare system that has been providing exceptional medicine and compassionate care for more than a century. In Longview, Washington, PeaceHealth operates St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care hospital with a level III trauma center, and a multi-specialty medical group.
Consider joining us in a full-time RN position on the Medical unit at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. This is a .9 FTE Day shift position working three 12-hour shifts each week in the 32 bed inpatient unit.
We offer you:
- A Hiring Bonus
- A Student Loan Repayment Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Hourly compensation is $36.73 - $71.57; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of St. John Medical Center WSNA Collective Bargaining Agreement, .
- Additional pay for BSN/MSN, DNP, and specialty nursing certification pay
- Comprehensive benefits package effective the first of the month following start date.
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
Moving to the area? Why you'll love Longview and the surrounding communities:
- Located just 45 minutes north of Portland and 2 hours South of Seattle
- A variety of housing opportunities ~ live in town or in the country, all within 15-20 minutes of the St. John
- No traffic congestion and an easy commute to work
- Live in a family friendly community with urban amenities of Portland just 45 minutes away
- St. John sits next to beautiful Lake Sacajawea, the Jewel of Longview, with 4 miles of walking and biking paths, fishing, kayaking, and numerous playgrounds
- A Community College offering numerous Degree and Training Programs
- A variety of entertainment from the Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, Stageworks Northwest, an Art Gallery, college sporting events, an amateur baseball team, breweries, wine tasting rooms, and year around community events including concerts and movies at the Lake.
- Within 60-90 minutes you can be at the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Hood or Columbia River Gorge
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- One year of RN experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
- WA State RN license & American Heart Association Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- ACLS Certification required within 6 months of hire
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Benefits: PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.