PeaceHealth is seeking a Emergency Department Technician for a Part Time, 0.75 FTE, Night position.
Hourly compensation is $18.49 - $31.55, hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
***HIRING BONUS MAY BE AVAILABLE***
This position is responsible for performing direct patient care activities within his/her scope of practice under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician in the Emergency Department.
- Assists nursing staff and other care team members with patient care: receiving patients by ambulance and from triage; assisting with ambulatory patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; obtaining patient vital signs; dressing or undressing patients; providing treatment supplies when needed; application of sterile dressings; restraint procedures; immobilization of extremities; cast and splint applications; patient transport.
- Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
- Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
- Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program, Medical Assistant program or EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) program*.
- Minimum of one year of work experience as a Certified or Registered Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or EMT required. · Prior acute care hospital experience preferred. · Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred. · Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Washington: Current Nursing Assistant certification in the state of Washington or Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant Phlebotomist
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Completion of ED specific competency-based education
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic to complete and compile reports, make out requisitions, maintain simple records and perform various clerical duties
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Washington: If hired prior to October 1, 1997, may qualify for this position with a Registered Nursing Assistant designation from the state of Washington.
- Requires either Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) at time of hire. Obtain Medical Assistant – Phlebotomist (MAPWA) within 6 months of hire.
- ED Technician assigned to the ED Seclusion department must obtain phlebotomist (MAPWA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) within 12 months of hire.
- ED Technician assigned to the ED Seclusion Department: 1 year of in-patient psychiatric experience preferred.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.