PeaceHealth is seeking a Supervisor Clinical Nursing - Orthopedics for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $50.33 – $75.49; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.
Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available.
Spotlight on Ketchikan Medical Center:https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5792
Ketchikan, Alaska is truly the beginning of the last frontier. Set at the southernmost entrance to Alaska's famed Inside Passage—a network of waterways that snake through some of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful wilderness in the world—Ketchikan is best known for feisty salmon, idyllic scenery, hunting, and an incredibly rich Alaska Native culture.
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of Southeast Alaska since 1923 with Ketchikan Medical Center, a 25-bed critical-access hospital offering comprehensive trauma care, outpatient and home health services, and a 29-bed long-term care facility. Primary and specialty medical care is provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group—Ketchikan and Prince of Wales Island. Our Trauma IV emergency department operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling. Supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate Care and services to patients and families. Supervises daily activities, focusing on operations and effective use of resources within established budget. Responsible for operational performance including the quality, service environment and regulatory compliance.
Details of the position:
- Link mission into day-to-day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommend or develop plans for improvement, assure regulatory compliance
- Supervise assigned caregivers with full personnel action authority. Monitor and evaluate performance and accountability of staff. Evaluate competence and initiate performance improvement plans to develop staff, provide meaningful and constructive feedback. Responsible for training, coaching, mentoring and development of caregivers. Ensure the completion of mandatory training and in-services. Responsible for scheduling and time off management of direct reports.
- Work with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
- Serve as a resource in the overall delivery of patient care assessing clinical practice, identifying needs, and recommending solutions.
- Collaborate with other departments in meeting the needs of patients, families, caregivers, healthcare providers and departments. Establish and maintain effective relationships.
- May perform staff nurse responsibilities as needed.
- Provide operational support with clinical processes, policies, procedures, and budget management. Assist with compliance to policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire. (see Community/Location specific requirements below)
- Minimum of 2 years related experience pertaining to assigned specialty area is required.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure by the State in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment
- Strong organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications
PHMG/ALASKA PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids on average of once a month or more. Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR). Requires the use of an N-95 mask.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Sit, Head/Neck Position/motion, simple/firm grasp, fine dexterity, and pinch, and reach at or below the shoulder frequently.
- Stand, Walk, Squat/kneel/bend/twist, reach above the shoulder, and push/pull occasionally.
- Lift/carry minimal push/pull 20 lbs. force on flat carpet, 10 lbs on hard flooring.
- Dynamap blood pressure machine - 4 lbs force.
- Supply cart - 8 lbs force.
- Minimal assist transfer - usually 1-2 person assist 25 lbs effort.
- Indoor office environment with the potential abs windows
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong organizational, administrative and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.