PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Endoscopy Clinic for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.000001 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation is $41.20 – $61.80; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the endoscopy setting in compliance with professional practice standards. Coordinates and shares information regarding both pre- and post-procedure care and assists the physician during procedures.
Spotlight on Vancouver, WA: A Better Workplace Community
Details of the Position
- Plans, implements and evaluates patient care needs in the endoscopy suite, including assessing patient’s condition pre-procedure and post-procedure recovery. Takes patient history, counsels patient, provides education, administers prescribed medications, and monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician throughout procedures. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Maintains proper care and handling of specimens.
- Recognizes emergency situations and assists in corrective action, including but not limited to ACLS protocol.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Recognizes and reports hazardous equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to provide conscious sedation.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Skill in venipuncture and administration of IV and oral medications.
- Ability to provide health education to patients.
- Adequate understanding of a wide variety of medical/surgical terminology and pathophysiology.
- Knowledge of Medicare, JCAHO & HCFA regulations pertaining to ambulatory care.
- Knowledge of actions of pharmaceuticals, sedating agents, and reversal drugs.
- Knowledge of endoscopy procedures and patient preparations, instruments and equipment, techniques, symptoms and complications, and consequent nursing interventions.
- Knowledge of basic infection control practices.
- Working knowledge of fluid and electrolyte balances.
- Thorough knowledge or and ability to implement principles of aseptic technique.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Jennifer, [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.