PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Cardiology Coordinator - Exercise Test Lab for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Day position to provide professional nursing support and services for patients, functioning with a high degree of knowledge, skill and experience in cardiovascular care that is applied to achieve optimal outcomes through critical analysis, problem solving and decision making.
Hourly compensation is $43.16 - $71.12; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Prepares charts for procedures, clarifying inconsistencies or omissions that could cancel or delay the procedure; begins the general admission history and medication reconciliation; coordinates the admission, doing pre-procedure teaching and providing a smooth transition to the unit.
- Coordinates and provides moderate sedation for inpatient and outpatient Transesophageal echo and cardioversions.
- Independently performs Tilt Table Studies and submits to Electrophysiologist for reading.
- Independently performs Echo and Vascular IV contrast injections per standing orders as requested.
- Independently supervises and monitors all modes of Stress Testing following all guidelines and protocols.
- Triages and assesses outpatients who develop symptoms of chest pain or other distress. May need to take patients to the ED or notify PCP for further orders. Serves as resource to physicians and caregivers.
- Provides nursing services/medication administration for patients in the Nuclear Medicine department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
- Minimum of one-year recent clinical cardiology experience required, Experience must demonstrate independent thinking, clinical judgement and ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Specialist certification (PCRN, CVRN) preferred.
- Advanced cardiac and vascular assessment and EKG skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient centered work environment.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per day or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period
- Professional practice support
- Collaborative team environment
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.