PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Home Health for a Per Diem, 0.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $39.21 – $74.43, hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Provide patient care by assessing, analyzing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patients following the nursing process and established standards. Participate as a member of the healthcare team by communicating and documenting pertinent patient information and providing patient and family teaching.
DETAILS OF POSITION:
- Perform and document age-appropriate assessment, including fall risk, skin care, patient/family level of participation and ability to perform care according to identified standards. Assess bio-psycho-social status, economic, environmental, cultural, spiritual, community and other factors affecting the patient’s return to optimal health. Establish and maintain a plan of care in collaboration with patient, family and health team members including individualized goals, outcomes and education and modify or continue plan based on the patient response.
- Implement nursing and medical interventions using appropriate resources, skills and knowledge. Make suggestions regarding appropriate referrals to resources. Provide patient and family teaching about patient condition, care needs and procedures to be performed. Evaluate effects of care provided and identify changes in patient condition.
- Communicate and document interventions, patient responses in accordance with standards. Utilize recognized organization communication standard.
- Consistently adhere to medication administration policies and procedures. Demonstrate understanding of effects/side effects and combination effects of medications. Resolve medication discrepancies as they occur.
- Delegate only those tasks that are appropriate within the scope of practice of other healthcare providers. Retain the responsibility and accountability for the nursing care of the patient.
- Identify patient and family teaching needs. Involve appropriate family members in teaching. Utilize available education resources.
- Maintain and update knowledge of and is responsive to the laws and regulations which affect his/her practice.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Minimum two years current experience in medical/surgical or long-term care.
- Minimum one year Hospice nursing experience (or equivalent education and/or experience).
- Two years of home health nursing experience with one year as a Home Health Case Manager/Primary Nurse preferred.
- WA State RN Licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is insured to state regulations and is in good running order.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- General knowledge of patient assessment and care and documentation and regulations related to home care nursing.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.