This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 54533
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking a full-time Wound Care & Ostomy MD/DO to join the Southwest Medical Center Wound Healing Center delivering an important service to our patients and community of Vancouver, WA. Our Center is staffed with a team of doctors, nurses, medical assistants, and hyperbaric oxygen techs, all dedicated to healing many different types of chronic wounds. The ideal candidates will have Wound Care, Ostomy, Hyperbaric Chamber MD/DO experience. EPIC EMR experience is preferred. New graduates are welcome to apply.
· Warm and welcoming environment for patients
· See up to ~24 patients daily in clinic
· RN & MA intake support, using EPIC EMR
· Collegial, mission-driven, and collaborative culture
• Debridement of wounds by sharp, enzymatic, autolytic or surgical methods able to be safely completed in the place of patient visit and all associated procedures to complete the debridement
• Application and management of topical wound care and ostomy associated wound management products
• Occasional peg tube dressing and wound care
• Direction and recommendation of associated services to improve wound healing outcomes
• Interpretation of diagnostic tests and recommendation of appropriate follow up
• Responsible for ordering and providing recommendations for prescription of required medications and/or Durable Medical Equipment or supplies (DME) to facilitate wound healing and/or wound prevention within her/his scope of practice
• Diabetic Foot Ulcer risk assessment for Members with Diabetes, as per the ADA guidelines Education of patients as to the topical and systemic management of their wounds
• Education of the Primary Care Physician (PCP) or referring Physician on current wound management practices as well as the patient and their family
• Provision of regular updates to the PCP or referring Physician on the status of their patients systemic conditions associated with wound care
• Collaborates with staff to identify patients needs and to help develop plans to meet these needs
• Proven ability to teach/train and advanced nursing knowledge.
• Click here to view: PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center and community profile. They are one of the largest employers in Clark County. Last year there were more than 224k outpatient clinic visits. Over 850 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally.
About PeaceHealth: PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1200 providers, and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration, and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply today or contact Provider Recruiter Lyndse R Neppl: [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity, and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.