PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Account Specialist - CALL CENTER for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day Remote position. Hourly compensation is $18.30 – $27.46; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
This position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
Hours 9:30am-6pm PST
Must live within one hour drive from one of larger hospitals in Vancouver, WA, Bellingham, WA or Springfield, OR or Ketchikan, AK.
Responsible for working in a call center with patients and/or authorized designees to address payment options, provide insurance setup options and complete related paperwork for both Hospital and Clinic services. Establish and monitor payment arrangements with patients using guidelines established under the collection policy; resolve patient concerns and third party issues to achieve a zero balance account. This position ensures acceptable cash flow and appropriate Days in Accounts Receivable via timely follow-up and resolution of balances owed.
- Identify uninsured or underinsured patients for eligibility for financial assistance through this organization or through government or private programs.
- Perform work in accordance with regulatory requirements, policies/procedures and departmental standards in regards to HIPAA and other government requirements. Ensure that proper billing procedures and privacy guidelines are implemented and carried out.
- Responsible for maintaining daily account, follow-up work lists within department while maintaining organization’s productivity standards.
- Assist patients with the application process for outreach programs and our obligations to maintain certifications as required by the state(s) and/or contractual obligations.
- Respond to customer inquiries in accordance with state and federal laws or applicable internal policies. This response may include charge estimates, clarifying billing practices, correctness of billing and options for resolving private pay balances.
- Communicate appropriately with all customers to include, updating insurance, and routing accounts to appropriate service areas when needed. Handle a high volume of inbound and outbound calls. May leverage an auto dialer system.
- Work directly with responsible party to resolve outstanding patient account activities. Maximize reimbursement through effective collection practices. May receive and post patient payments over the phone, or electronically. Process refund requests as appropriate.
- Review accounts for activities and completeness of available data as specified and/or outlined by the established financial procedures and processes prior to being assigned to collection.
- Obtain information to secure appropriate payment of account by working with insurance companies, government agencies, other departments, providers' offices, attorneys' offices, patients and any other parties as necessary.
- Communicate all necessary requirements needed to support third party and government billing, including worker’s compensation.
- Perform data entry, maintain customer databases and document all calls. Assists customers with various patient account-related questions by telephone and through written correspondence. Completes adjustments, account notes, balance transfers, claim disposition and other necessary transaction to facilitate appropriate computer system activity.
- Completes all necessary research, account assignment, etc. for accounts assigned to collection agency; or necessary court documents for patient bankruptcies and probate.
What I bring:
- College coursework in accounting, business, medical terminology, communication and social work preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in collections, customer service, billing or related medical field preferred.
- Familiarity with government, commercial and third-party billing preferred.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please email [email protected].
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.