Are you ready to take the next step in your leadership journey? Do you have experience in the areas of ED and Trauma? We may have the position for you!
PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Manager - Trauma for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE position.
Hourly compensation is $52.23 – $78.35; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Find out more about us here: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
This position is responsible for the organization of network hospital systems necessary to support our multidisciplinary approach to care of the trauma patient. This position assumes day-to-day responsibility for the process of care and performance improvement activities of the trauma patients including the educational and administrative activities related to the care of critically injured patients.
Details of the role:
- Monitors clinical processes, outcomes and system issues related to quality of care, develops quality filters, audits, and concurrent case reviews, identifies trends and sentinel events.
- Oversees and develops trauma program staff. Manages the selection, training, development, and evaluation of assigned staff. May be responsible for financial management of resources and budgets related to assigned areas as well as financial reporting.
- Provides management oversight to the Trauma Registry activities, in collaboration with Center for Healthcare Improvement (CHI), including coding and scoring accuracy and developing processes for validation. Works with CHI to design reports, answer queries, and help to facilitate quality initiatives. Continues to develop the “Outcomes Module” component of the trauma registry for trauma performance improvement tracking.
- Identifies educational needs of the staff that participates in trauma care and communicates needs to appropriate individuals. Plans trauma educational opportunities for nurses, physicians, and ancillary staff.
- Serves as a liaison to administration and represents the trauma program on various internal (hospital) and external (local, regional, state, national) meetings to enhance and foster optimal trauma care management.
What you bring:
- BSN required.
- Three years nursing experience in direct care of trauma patients in a critical care setting.
- Minimum of two years leadership experience in healthcare organization preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in Oregon
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend - Trauma:
- Responsible for the coordination of healthcare services for all trauma patients during acute and inpatient care periods. Assists the organized multi-disciplinary trauma team to develop a philosophy of care consistent with providing quality service including the development of educational and administrative activities related to the care of critically injured patients and their families, and an injury prevention program. Responsible for quality, service, and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility. Provides operational leadership and for planning, developing, and directing patient care programs and related capital projects for assigned area.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Current ACLS and TNCC preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, lead change and remain current with healthcare environment changes and translate those changes into operational plans to discern and interpret the potential impact on assigned department/community(s).
- Works closely with the Trauma Medical Director and other hospital medical staff, leadership, and pre-hospital care providers to coordinate all aspects of the trauma program and ongoing staff/public education.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety
For a full description of the position or for questions, contract Andrea at [email protected]
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.