PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Team Support - Medical 4 for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $18.04 – $31.55; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values, and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Assists the healthcare team in maintaining an efficient nursing unit through effective communication, organizational and nursing skills, and professionalism. Provides patient care within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to:Accurate transcription of ordersCoordinates patient admission, discharge and transfer as applicable to unit.Coordinates patient registration, scheduling and insurance authorizations as applicable to unit.Provides effective communication linkage between all care team members
- Performs assigned tasks within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant and in accordance with PeaceHealth and general nursing policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds customer needs as a patient advocate, exercises discretion in the management of patient information and assures strict patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in patient’s status to the appropriate care team member.
- Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to:
Monitors, maintains, and orders unit supplies. Promotes the safety and security of the unit through:
- Accurate transcription of orders
- Coordinates patient admission, discharge and transfer as applicable to unit.
- Coordinates patient registration, scheduling and insurance authorizations as applicable to unit.
- Provides effective communication linkage between all care team members
Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.Within the scope of a Nursing Assistant, demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- A working knowledge of fire, biohazard, electrical safety, infection control policies and disaster plan.
- Proper ergonomics
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience is preferred.
- Previous Unit Secretary or related experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers is preferred.
- State of Washington Nursing Assistant Certification is required (Note: Employees hired prior to October 1, 1997, may qualify for this position with a Registered Nursing Assistant designation from the State of Washington).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Good communication and organization skills are required.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and strong customer service skills are required.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Technician (EST) assignment.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.