PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Inpatient PD - Patient Care Support for a Per Diem, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation is $37.83 – $73.90; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.PHSW WSNA Union Contract
Take your career to the next level as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the ICU at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, where you’ll provide direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.
You choose to work in healthcare because you wanted a career with meaning. At PeaceHealth, we offer you the chance to learn and grow in a Mission-driven environment, while providing our patients with the highest level of care.
About PHSW ICU:
- 24-bed Intermediate Intensive Care Unit and 24 bed Cardiac ICU
- Level II Trauma center and Primary Stroke Center serving all of Southwest Washington – one of only three trauma centers in the Portland area
- 85,000 annual visits
- Outstanding team environment: collaborative approach among our multidisciplinary teams including RN’s, RT’s, Inpatient Therapies, Chaplains, Providers and Leadership.
- Incentives for education and professional growth through yearly education compensation, financial assistance for qualifying degrees, and additional compensation for advanced degrees and specialty certifications.
- 12-hour shifts.
- Didactic education courses specific to Critical Care
- Potential for extra hours and incentives
- Highly engaged leadership team as part of the Critical Care Service Line
- Strong team-oriented unit with emphasis on staff and patient satisfaction
- Unit-Based Council that allows your opinions and ideas to be put into action
- Opportunities and incentives for higher education
What you bring:
- Current Washington RN licensure required by date of hire.
- American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers required by date of hire.
- Minimum 1 year of recent & continuous critical care experience or 3 years in an acute care setting with 400 hours in a critical care unit within the previous year.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
What we offer:
- Starting wage of $37.83 - $73.90 an hour (more depending on RN experience).
- Great shift differentials (up to $6.25/hr for night shift).
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN and advanced certifications.
- Professional practice support.
- Collaborative team environment.
Moving to the area? Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Vancouver is a lively, independent city with over 160,000 residents, located just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending recreational activities of the Pacific Northwest. We are home to some of the world’s best mountain biking and wind-surfing locales.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Ocean, and 160 miles to Seattle.
- A thriving arts, theater, and music scene and our 26 colleges and universities attract renowned authors, performers, and speakers.
- Stellar school districts.
- No Washington State income tax.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.