PeaceHealth United General Medical Center in Sedro Woolley, WA is seeking an Occupational Therapist for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $39.24 – $58.86; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan of care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Occupational Therapy. May provide oversight to therapy assistants and/or students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; may provide supervision to therapy aides and/or volunteers. Works collaboratively as a part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for patients.
Details of the position:
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation, and team members.
- Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- May mentor and provide oversight to new caregivers, occupational therapy assistants, and therapy aides. May provide clinical instruction and training to students.
- Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelors’, Masters’, or Doctorate degree from an Occupational Therapy program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education required.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current WA state license as an Occupational Therapist required.
- Current AHA BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patients’ conditions and exercise independent judgment
UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.