PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced RN for a full-time position at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. Join the nursing team in our 32 bed med-surg unit with an emphasis on patients with a cardiac diagnosis. In this .9 FTE day shift RN position you will work three 12-hour shifts each week.
We offer you:
St. John Medical Center, a 177 bed hospital, and our multi- specialty Medical Group, serve Cowlitz County and surrounding Oregon communities. We provide dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, sleep disorders, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
Moving to the area? Why you'll love Longview and the surrounding communities:
- Located just 45 minutes north of Portland and 2 hours South of Seattle
- A variety of housing opportunities ~ live in town or in the country, all within 15-20 minutes of St. John
- No traffic congestion and an easy commute to work
- Live in a family friendly community with urban amenities of Portland just 45 minutes away
- St. John sits next to beautiful Lake Sacajawea, the Jewel of Longview, with 4 miles of walking and biking paths, fishing, kayaking, and numerous playgrounds
- A Community College offering numerous Degree and Training Programs
- A variety of entertainment from the Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, Stageworks Northwest, an Art Gallery, college sporting events, an amateur baseball team, breweries, wine tasting rooms, co-ed recreational softball leagues, and year around community events including concerts and movies at the Lake.
- Endless outdoor recreation from golf, biking, hiking, boating, fishing, and hunting
- Just 1 hour from the Pacific Ocean and 90 minutes to Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge
For additional information or questions, please email the recruiter at [email protected]
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse required or new grad hired within New Grad Residency program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- WA State RN license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.