PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Lead - Emergency Department for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation is $47.48 – $71.22; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
- Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work.
- Subject matter expert.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience as an acute care/inpatient registered nurse required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- PALS required.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Cottage Grove Community Hospital:
- If assigned to Foot Care specialty area--Foot Care certification may be required within 1 year of date of hire.
- Nurse will be required to float between Medicine and Emergency units as requested/required and maintain competencies for both units.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – COTTAGE GROVE
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments, reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator, and mask.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.