PeaceHealth is seeking RN’s for our Emergency Department Fellowship Program (0.9 FTE, non-exempt). Hourly compensation is $36.73 - $71.57; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Are you interested in a career in Emergency Nursing? Join our diverse and exciting Emergency Department team and PHSW as part of our 2023 Nurse Fellowship Program.
**Nurses selected for this program will be obligated to work in the PHSW Emergency Department for a minimum of 3,640 hours holding 0.6 FTE or higher, from the end date of successful completion of the training program. Failure to fulfill the months and FTE requirement will require that the RN reimburse PHSW for up to $10,000 of education expenses. **
- Shift length and hours are variable during the program.
- Our program is designed for RN’s looking to transition into Emergency Nursing.
- Our Fellowship is a 6 month program including classroom education time as well as one on one preceptorship on the floor.
- This is a full time staff RN position with pay & benefits.
- Projected start date is end of April.
- 52 bed department with 5 resuscitation bays, designated locked behavioral health unit, and helipad for Life flight services
- Level II Trauma Center serving all of Southwest Washington – one of only three trauma centers in the Portland area
- Regional Cardiac and Comprehensive Stroke Center
- 85,000 annual visits
- Fantastic team environment: collaborative practice between RN’s, EDTs, Providers, and other modalities; 24/7 ED Pharmacist, Respiratory Therapy, and Social Work coverage Support for ongoing education and growth through yearly education compensation, financial assistance for qualifying advanced degrees, and compensation for CEN and BSN
- Relocation Assistance available
- Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional nursing practice and unit standards.
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Essential functions include assessing, planning, and implementing patient care needs, documenting patient care in EMR according to established standards, delegating care as appropriate, ensuring own professional effectiveness through education and professional development, and maintaining established hospital policies, procedures, and safety programs.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing
- Current Washington RN license by date of hire
- BLS by date of hire
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- 6 months of classroom and floor time with preceptor
- ACLS, PALS and TNCC certifications incorporated into program if not already certified
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.