PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Social Worker - Hospice for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $32.42 – $48.63; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available!***
Responsible for the provision of direct social work service in Home Health and/or Hospice utilizing the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning, action/intervention and clinical goal/outcome evaluation.
Details of the position
- Providing direct casework services to clients related to their medical/psychiatric diagnosis, including biopsychosocial assessment, assisting with long-term planning and decision making, crisis intervention and short-term therapy.
- Performing holistic evaluation of patient/home, developing an appropriate plan of care, initiating discharge planning, evaluating progress towards goals and monitoring achievement of desired outcomes.
- Providing skilled social work services to patients and education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performing holistic assessment and, as clinical indicated, coordinating and modifying the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, case manager, primary physician and other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic healthcare/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the case manager and primary physician.
- Coordinating social work services, collaborating and communicating with other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary team to assure an appropriate and smooth flow of care/services for the patient through the care continuum.
- Evaluating, reviewing, and revising the patient’s social work plan of care on a regular basis and, as clinically indicated, taking prompt action in response to changes in the patient’s health condition in collaboration with the case manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of Social Work required.
- BLS required.
- A valid applicable state driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- OR: License as required by State to practice as a Social Worker.
- Minimum requirement is LMSW (Licensed Masters Social Worker) or CSWA (Clinical Social Work Associate).
- LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) also meets licensure requirement but exceeds minimum requirement.
EUGENE PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Moussa Sangare at [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.