PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant Lead - Family Practice for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $22.20 – $33.83; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.
Spotlight on Cottage Grove Community Medical Center: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5594
Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
Details of the position:
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback to supervisor/manager on issues impacting clinic performance and caregiver effectiveness; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement and participate in process improvement initiatives as requested; supports strategic initiatives as requested; provides leadership feedback on staff performance; and assists with goal setting for team.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes and records patient history and vital signs.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments. May coordinate inpatient and outpatient referrals.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate’s degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum of two years’ of experience as a Medical Assistant, Medical Office Assistant or performing like type work is required.
- Experience in leading and training preferred.
- When referring to the National Certification requirement below, the following are acceptable in meeting that requirement:
- Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants AAMA
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA)
- National Certified Medical Assistant through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) administered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA).
- Current Medical Assistant State licensure/certification required at date of hire (if applicable based on State where caregivers works).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Understand the principles of asepsis.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets.
- Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids an average of once a month or more.
- Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR). Requires the use of an N-95 mask.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For more details of the job description, please contact Melissa at [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.