PeaceHealth is seeking a New Grad RN for our Resource Team for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. You choose to work in healthcare because you wanted a career with meaning, at PeaceHealth, we offer you the chance to learn and grow in a Mission-driven environment, while providing our patients with the highest level of care.
Hourly compensation is $ 37.83 – $73.90 ; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement. WSNA Contract
- Relocation package for eligible candidates moving to the area.
- Great shift differentials (up to $6.25/hr.)
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN and advanced certifications
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Student Loan Repayment Program and Tuition Assistance Program
- PTO with no waiting period.
- Professional practice support.
- Collaborative team environment.
Moving to the area? Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Relocation assistance.
- Vancouver is a robust, independent city with over 160,000 residents and is the largest suburb of Portland, Oregon.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending recreational activities of the Pacific Northwest. We are home to some of the world’s best mountain biking and wind-surfing locales.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Ocean, and 160 miles to Seattle.
- A thriving arts, theater, and music scene and our 26 colleges and universities attract renowned authors, performers, and speakers.
- Stellar school districts.
- No Washington State income tax.
About PeaceHealth: PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred
- Specialty certification preferred.
- A new graduate RN (or upcoming graduate) or a RN who has been licensed for less than 12 months with less than 6 months of Acute Care experience as a RN.
- WA State RN Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers through the American Heart Association.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 12 months of hire.
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within 12 months of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- Neurology and Resource Pool – Nursing care of ischemic, TIAs, and non-traumatic hemorrhagic strokes. Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen. Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education principles. Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.