PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Supervisor Home Care Services for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $52.23 – $78.35; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
This position is responsible, under the direction of the Manager Patient Services, for providing direct supervision and clinical oversight of the clinical multidisciplinary team which may include management of direct patient care staff and overall coordination of the team’s clinical services as evidenced through outcomes.
DETAILS OF POSITION:
- Oversee and coordinate day-to-day operations of the assigned clinical services team, including provision of accurate clinical documentation specific to the care plan. Ensures quality patient care/outcomes along with complies with industry and agency standards.
- Manage, supervise, coach and train direct patient care staff while providing leadership and serving as a resource in the overall delivery of home health/hospice services. This includes participating in hiring, firing, and staff performance/competency evaluations.
- Coordinate team’s activities to ensure efficiency in the delivery of patient care services and systems/operations, cost-effectiveness, staff productivity and timely/accurate communications throughout the continuum of care.
- Ensure that services are provided in compliance with regulatory requirements and department policies and procedures.
- Coordinate clinical/patient care services cost-effectively within established budget parameters and in a manner that ensure appropriate reimbursement for services rendered. This includes productivity and OBQI benchmarking outcomes within industry standards. Participate in budget planning and monitoring.
- Perform program evaluations and prepare written reports as necessary, utilizing data collection and analysis concepts.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary team and case conference/meetings and regular one-to-one case lead reviews with case managers and other members of the clinical staff.
- Manage/coordinate services for an adult and pediatric population. This includes but is not limited to high-tech, palliative care and IV skills.
WHAT YOU BRING (required unless otherwise stated)
- Graduate of an accredited school of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology or social work.
- Minimum of five years physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology or social work experience with a minimum of two years Home Health experience with the past five years.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of PPS care delivery principles for maximizing patient outcomes.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines specific to CMS and state agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist or Medical Social Worker licensure in the state in which caregiver will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications.
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of the work time)
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.