PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager PHMG Nursing Operations RN for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation is $52.23 – $78.35 hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Manages the coordination of the activities of a business or department with responsibility for the results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Providing leadership and resource management functions for ambulatory nursing in order to support operational functions; continually improves service and operations to ensure safe, reliable and high quality care and patient experiences are provided; ensures clinical support services are coordinated; creates an environment that supports caregivers and enhances growth, communication and job satisfaction; and builds relationships resulting in compassionate and committed teams within the services and with all stakeholders.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Manages daily operations, including staff supervision, monitoring and prioritizing workflow. Manages the selection, training, development, discipline, and evaluation of assigned staff.
- Works closely with leadership throughout the organization to maximize operational efficiencies and meet capital and operating budget goals. Participates in operational planning and implementation of organizational strategic plans and ensures overall operational performance.
- Monitors nursing quality dashboard, low census, and all nurse staffing resources and tools
- Budget development and accountability for all operational departments assigned ensuring all financial performance measures are met.
- Monitors, supports and manages upgrades to the operational and functional aspects of department specific software.
- Manages, evaluates and implements changes to workflow and processes in all areas of operational and clinical accountability.
- Manages all clinical contract labor contracts for nursing as applicable, network wide.
- Works with operational and clinical leaders to provide statistical and analytical consultation, direction, and support to improve nursing resource allocations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisor experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience required, with preference of experience in the outpatient setting.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience with collective bargaining units is preferred.
- Previous experience working with clinical teams highly preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required at date of hire.
- Ability to deliver financial results for area of accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully and responsibility in a collaborative manner with multiple demands and short timelines.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge and experience in developing programs.
- Demonstrated success in operational and financial management.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due medical/religious reasons.