PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant - OB GYN for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation is $20.19 – $32.22; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
This position is part of a team that participates in rotating weekends and evening shift coverage and also covers day/evening shifts and variable shift lengths to ensure appropriate staffing.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Under the clinical supervision of a physician and the assigned RN, the Medical Assistant assists with patient care delivery within the scope of his/her certification within PeaceHealth Medical Group.
- Professionalism: Participates in the advancement of healthcare practice through continuing education, self-development and contributes to the professional growth and development of other clinical staff.
- Responsibility: Demonstrates commitment to vocation and employer by dependability in reporting to duty as scheduled, punctuality in reporting on and off duty and compliance with the dress code.
- Interpersonal Relationships and Communication: Demonstrates the ability to consistently maintain positive working relationships with other employees and clinicians and facilitates written and verbal communication through appropriate channels. Promotes a customer-focused environment at all times.
- Clinical Knowledge Competence: Demonstrates proficiency in application of clinical knowledge as it applies to patient care activities in a clinic setting and has the ability to carry out technical skills within the scope of licensure in a safe and efficient manner under the direction of the clinician.
- Planning: Assists Clinician with planning patient care based on Clinician’s assessment.
- Provides Patient Care: Demonstrates the ability to deliver safe and efficient patient care to all assigned patients.
- Environment of Care: Promotes a safety-conscious work environment and maintains good housekeeping practices.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 or more years clinical experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant – Certified credential required.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant – Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant - Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Effective prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time is required.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment is required.
- Ability to work within a self-directed team setting is required.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.