PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Coordinator Lab for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $24.35 – $36.53. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Plans, organizes and coordinates the scheduling of students for clinical laboratory department assignments needed to complete a medical technology program at an accredited program. Oversees the communication and coordination of training with university officials and students. Documents training programs and completion.
- Works with PeaceHealth’s legal and contract departments to ensure contracts are completed and up to date for the states of Alaska, Washington and Oregon.
- Assists students with the application process including specific application requirements and ensures students meet pre-requisite curriculum.
- Schedules and conducts applicant interviews as needed.
- Ensures students receive the education and training needed to meet graduation requirements specific to their university or college.
- Works with Talent Development, network Learning Functions, other system departments and operational leaders to ensure access to training resources.
- Designs or facilitates programs to ensure students are oriented to their positions. Ensures badges, door access, and parking needs are met.
- Oversees and coordinates training logistics and program resources for the hospital laboratories. Supports and orders supplies.
- Participates on system standardization projects or curriculum design teams.
- Guides the students and laboratories to accomplish their internship goals and makes recommendations related to the options and suitable learning solutions.
- Ensures delivery of educational programs meet PeaceHealth training standards, processes, and templates. Measures and compares results to desired outcomes and objectives. Monitors and measures customer satisfaction provided through appropriate mechanisms to evaluate and implement improvements as needed.
- Documents training per the requirements of each university or college. Monitors attendance.
- Sets up virtual training.
- Assesses caregiver and leadership satisfaction and evaluates organizational impact and value.
- Conducts ongoing audits and presents reports to share with stakeholders to inform decisions about instructional strategies, support needs, and planning.
- Provides administrative support to Operations Director and Laboratory Managers, as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or comparable experience and expertise which provides the incumbent the requisite skills, knowledge and ability to successfully perform the responsibilities of this job may be considered.
- 2 years of office administration required, preferably in a healthcare and/or education setting.
- PC computer experience. Requires advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office desktop applications.
- Demonstrates organizational analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills with a diverse population and external regulatory entities.
- Performs job requirements independent of direct supervision; ability to perform professional level program administration requiring independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Occasional travel may be required.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons.