PeaceHealth is seeking a Radiology Technologist - Family Practice for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $27.88 – $49.94. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Prepares for and performs standard x-ray examinations and may perform fluoroscopic procedures. Performs portable examinations and may perform surgical x-ray procedures. Utilizes proper positioning and selection of appropriate technical factors using various radiographic equipment to obtain optimal results.
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Performs x-ray examinations applying appropriate infection control and radiation safety measures.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- May perform surgical x-ray examinations, will utilize appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience, and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program.
- Minimum of one year of experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
- ARRT eligible, ARRT(R) certification required within 6 months of hire. May work under OBMI Temporary license pending ARRT certification.
Oregon – PHMG Clinics:
PHMG - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons.