PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA2 - Orthopedics for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $17.27 – $30.12. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data
- May provide clerical support to the unit, doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an approved Certified Nursing Assistant program required.
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level as required by state or facility.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
- Must be well organized, flexible, and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills.
Oregon West Network:
- CNA level II certification required at time of hire.
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and University District:
- CNAs may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
OWN–Sacred Heart Medical Center (RB, UD, CGCH):
CNA II Training Program:
- Oregon CNA level II certification required at time of hire, OR
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant license-Oregon, AND
- Oregon CNA level II certification required following completion of approved CNA II training program sponsored by Sacred Heart Medical Center:
- CNA level II certification required within 7 days following training completion. Caregiver will be unable to work in unit until CNA level II certification is active.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience preferred.
- Short Stay Unit:
- Minimum of 1 year of Surgical Experience is required.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.