PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Charge Nurse for our Infusion Center for a Full Time, 0.875 FTE, Day Shift position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $40.97 – $70.13. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
The Charge Nurse is a frontline leader who works under the direction of the Manager/Director. The Charge Nurse assists the Manager/Director in coordinating unit activities which assure safe and clinically effective patient care. The Charge Nurse supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families from diverse ethnic and social groups. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties.
- Coordinate patient care by shift and department.
- Supervision and assessment of clinical practice. Direct and delegate to other team members.
- Coach for performance to achieve individual and organizational goals; including orientation, competencies and evaluations.
- Develop the departmental team and collaborative relationships to achieve expected outcomes.
- Serve as a clinical and resource expert for the department.
- Articulate shift/team operational issues to management as appropriate.
- Appropriate stewardship of resources.
- Adapts decision-making style to the situation and level of authority for achieving an optimal outcome including using collaborative decision making and effective communication skills.
- Identify and apply opportunities for clinical practice improvement and support them with staff.
- Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN or current enrollment in a BNS program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Two years’ experience in an acute care facility with previous IV therapy experience OR successful completion of an approved IV training course/orientation and standard competencies within 6 months of hire required.
- Three years of acute care nursing strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish peripheral IV sites and maintain, repair, and troubleshoot venous access devices required.
- Recent chemotherapy experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Facilitation skills preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification at date of hire required.
- Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy/Biotherapy provider card within 1 year of hire required.
- Chemo certification required within 1 year of hire into position preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Consistently demonstrates Service Excellence behaviors with patients, families and colleagues.
- Able to support and interpret medical center’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and unit needs in decision making.
- Demonstrated interest in staff development.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend and University District:
- BSN required within 36 months from the start date of the Charge Nurse role.
- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center University District and RiverBend if they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit-specific competencies, and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit they are floating to (including, but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager, or clinical nurse educator).
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons.