***Hiring Bonus and Relocation may be available***
PeaceHealth is seeking a Dietitian l or II for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. The hourly compensation for a Dietitian l is $28.02 - 42.03 and for the Dietitian ll is $30.95 – $46.43, hiring rate dependent qualifications and professional experience.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of nutrition care, consulting with other healthcare professionals as needed.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Competent use of the Nutrition Care Process including: nutrition assessment, identification of nutritional diagnosis, implementation of appropriate nutrition intervention, and formulation of patient specific goals, monitoring, evaluation and follow up of outcomes.
- Using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines to provide nutrition education to patients and families in the outpatient and/or inpatient settings.
- Provides consult services to other healthcare providers and participates in the interdisciplinary team. Uses evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines.
- Documents in the EMR in accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- When appropriate, makes referrals to other services, agencies, and community resources.
- Actively contributes to Quality/Process Improvement measures within the department and throughout the hospital including planning, implementing, and evaluating programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree that meets Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) requirements.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a related setting as a Registered Dietitian II.
- Dietitian l successful completion of an approved internship/ training program.
- Registered Dietitian- Current licensure/certification as required by Oregon State for Outpatient Dietitians and PHMG
- Registered Dietitian Current Medicare provider status number may be required.
- Position may require valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Certified Diabetes Educator, or Certified Nutrition Support Clinician, or Board-Certified Specialist in areas such as Oncology Nutrition, Renal Nutrition, Pediatric Nutrition, Sports Dietetics, or Gerontological Nutrition as applicable to work performed is required. (See alternative certification requirement for Bariatrics).
- Demonstrated skill in teaching adults of varying competency levels.
- Must be able to design, implement, and evaluate instructional modules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all a variety of departments and to work independently on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Participates in program events, including information sessions, pre/postoperative weight loss groups, bariatric forums, and support groups.
- Specialist certification in Obesity and Weight management issued by the Commission on Dietetic Registration required or must obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITATIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.