PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinic Lead - Urgent Care for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $9.24 – $58.86. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines are met, and service excellence is provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the clinic/outpatient setting in compliance with professional practice standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement; provides leadership feedback on staff performance; and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs. This includes but is not limited to assessing patient’s condition, triaging patient phone calls, counseling patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds, and monitoring patient vital signs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures, and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the staff role (RN) that the caregiver will be Lead over.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an outpatient clinic, with previous leadership experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and related healthcare software systems in a clinic setting.
- Ability to provide health education to patients, staff, and community.
- Knowledge of Medicare and The Joint Commission regulations pertaining to ambulatory care
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and clinic needs in decision making and prioritization of work.
- Strong organizational, administrative, communication and problem-solving skills.
PHMG - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.