Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available!
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Social Worker- Hospice for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $32.42 – $48.63. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for the provision of direct social work service in Home Health and/or Hospice utilizing the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning, action/intervention and clinical goal/outcome evaluation.
Details of the position
- Providing direct casework services to clients related to their medical/psychiatric diagnosis, including biopsychosocial assessment, assisting with long-term planning and decision making, crisis intervention and short-term therapy.
- Performing holistic evaluation of patient/home, developing an appropriate plan of care, initiating discharge planning, evaluating progress towards goals and monitoring achievement of desired outcomes.
- Providing skilled social work services to patients and education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performing holistic assessment and, as clinical indicated, coordinating and modifying the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, case manager, primary physician and other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic healthcare/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the case manager and primary physician.
- Coordinating social work services, collaborating and communicating with other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary team to assure an appropriate and smooth flow of care/services for the patient through the care continuum.
- Evaluating, reviewing, and revising the patient’s social work plan of care on a regular basis and, as clinically indicated, taking prompt action in response to changes in the patient’s health condition in collaboration with the case manager.
- As part of on-going discharge planning and care coordination, evaluating interventions and outcomes of social work services by reviewing goals set in plan of care utilizing plan of care and physician’s orders.
- Providing services to a generally adult patient/caregiver population and given area of clinical specialty and skill. May also provide services to pediatric population.
- Providing services to all patients utilizing appropriate universal infection control precautions and practices (standard and transmission based precautions), including individuals with communicable diseases.
- For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provide skilled and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Performing quality/outcome oriented home visits and other job duties according to Agency productivity standards.
- Proactively initiating and participating in patient care inter/multi-disciplinary case conferences and meetings, as well as education and in-service programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work required.
- BLS required.
- A valid applicable state driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- WA: License as required by state to practice as a Social Worker:
- Minimum requirement is LASW (Licensed Advanced Social Worker), LSWAA (Licenses Social Worker Associate Advanced), LCWAIC (Licensed Social Worker Associate Independent Clinical).
- LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker) also meets licensure requirement but exceeds minimum requirement.
REGION / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- This is a category II job classification per OSHA standards. Normal work involves no exposure to blood borne pathogens, but exposure may be occasionally required.
ST. JOSEPH – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Moussa Sangare at [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.