PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Hospital in Florence, Oregon is seeking a CT Technologist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $41.11-$64.62. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
- This position will be scheduled 0930-2000 Saturday through Tuesday
- We welcome new grads!
- This position will include both CT and Xray
- Peace Harbor Medical Center received a 5 star rating (out of 5) from CMS in 2023, meaning it's in the top 10 percent of hospitals in the United States!
- PeaceHealth was named one of America's Greatest Workplaces in 2023 by Newsweek! Be a part of our mission-driven culture where values guide every decision, creating a truly purposeful workplace.
- Spotlight on Florence - YouTube
Details about the position:
- Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information. This technologist will also be performing X-rays.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction, and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience, and license/certification/registration.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required. EPIC RIS, FUJI and IntelliSpace PACS experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required unless the ARRT-CT credential has been obtained via the Nuclear Medicine (NM) pathway instead of the ARRT (R) pathway.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Permanent (OBMI) (RT) licensure with Permanent (OBMI) CT OR Temporary (OBMI) CT Licensure Certification is required upon hire.
- Permanent (OBMI) CT Licensure is required within 1 year of hire OR at the expiration of the last Temporary CT (OBMI) License.
About the community:
- Breathtaking Florence, Oregon is a coastal gem! Live in a charming coastal town nestled between the Siuslaw River and the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy stunning beaches, vibrant sunsets and a relaxed atmosphere.
- Florence is known for its friendly locals and strong sense of community. Feel supported and connected at work and throughout town.
- Recreation opportunities abound in this outdoor playground--amazing beaches, rolling sand dunes, numerous lakes, hiking trails, tide pools, and fishing are all nearby.
- Oregon is one of the few states with no sales tax--keep more of your hard-earned money!
- Relocation assistance may be available!
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a complete description of this position, or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected].
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.