Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital that is part of PeaceHealth, a non-profit mission driven healthcare system. Located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area, Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with an abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
Join our Care Management team in this 1.0 FTE position, working 8- hour day shifts, 8 am - 4:30pm.
Two levels of Social Worker positions available based upon qualifications, Medical Social Worker or Clinical Social Worker
- Medical Social Worker - hourly compensation range : $32.42 - $48.63, wage based upon professional experience and qualifications
- Clinical Social Worker - hourly compensation range : $35.67 - $53.50, wage based upon professional experience and qualifications
We also offer you :
- A Hiring Bonus
- Relocation Assistance is available
- An excellent benefits package including 3 medical plan options, dental, vision, excellent retirement plan with employer base and matching contributions, great Paid Time Off accrual rates, a wellness program and so much more!
Position Details :
- Screen and identify patients who need care management per high-risk criteria.
- Assess, develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive discharge plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and family. Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to identify problems or needs that require special planning, intervention, teaching, or follow-up.
- Identify key problems, strengths, and resources to be addressed in the discharge plan of care. Coordinate and facilitate improved ability to comply with plan of treatment; counseling or support needed to cope with situation; improved ability to access appropriate level of care due to lack of financial resources or lack of available service.
- Actively support measures that promote effective use of resources.
- Identify, plan, and arrange for appropriate services applying a knowledge of services available in the community, state, and federal health regulations and admission, discharge, and appropriate level of care. Coordinate effective planning and arranging for needed services upon discharge.
- Intervene by arranging services, education and providing psychosocial support to prepare the patient and their family to manage their healthcare needs within the acute care setting and post discharge.
- Coordinate with the interdisciplinary team and community resources when appropriate, regarding the multiple details of transitional care management plan. Consult with physician as indicated.
- Works with patients identified and referred to them by RN Care Management and/or other members of the care team, as well as by patients/families.
- Conducts evaluation to include appropriate documentation and the effectiveness of the Care Management services. Collaborates with team members to identify cause and adjust plan if patient’s health status is not improving.
- May counsel patients and/or families to facilitate and/or participate in community care services, in coordination with the physician and treatment team. Works as an integral member of the treatment team in the coordination of treatment and transition of care planning. Assesses and addresses both mental health and chemical dependency conditions. May perform risk assessments for suicidality and homicidally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Unless Otherwise Stated
Qualifications for Medical Social Worker :
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW). In lieu of an MSW, may consider a Masters Degree in Counseling or related field with 2 years’ work experience in a medical or healthcare setting, social service agency, or community organization focusing on health and/or welfare issues.
- Requires a WA State credential in order to practice, either Washington State Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration (applied for and received within 90 days of hire) OR one of the other applicable Social Work, Therapist or Counselor licenses at the time of hire.
Qualification for Clinical Social Worker:
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW)
- Requires a Washington State Independent Clinical Social Work License
Additional experience/training :
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health, welfare, and social agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social work practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including sensitivity to other cultures and ethnicities.
- Excellent skills in conceptual thinking, listening, problem resolution and planning.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and electronic medical records.
- Knowledgeable about issues related to chronic illness, developmental disabilities, special needs, mental illness, grief and transition, substance abuse, domestic violence, child abuse and senior abuse.
- Good understanding and adherence to core social work values and ethics.
SWMC PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.