PeaceHealth is seeking a Security Officer - Security Parking for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $20.14 – $30.21. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
The Security Officer is responsible for providing safety and security services which requires regular interactions with patients, visitors, caregivers, and clinicians in highly diverse and complex situations. Interacts with local law enforcement to provide information, clarification of events and coordinate emergency protocols. Performs internal and external security patrol of assigned hospitals and/or clinics; dispatch; and access control as assigned.
- Provides safety and security services which includes; patrolling grounds, parking lots, buildings, securing entryways and exits, etc. to effectively address potential conduct issues, violations of policy, check for property damage, inspect safety issues, inspect certain safety features such as fire extinguishers or water valves, respond to all codes, address trespassing concerns, provides assistance with out of control patients, and utilizes electronic checkpoints.
- Provides stand-by service or escort services for protection of caregivers or patients as needed.
- Provides courtesy services such as providing directions, locksmith functions, jump-starts, changing flat tires, reporting vehicles with lights on, and assisting families in times of crisis.
- Provides non-violent physical crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques to neutralize extreme situations and mitigate negative outcomes.
- Provides crowd control during events resulting in an influx of patients and/or visitors.
- Coordinates information, clarification of events and emergency protocols which may require collaboration with external safety and law enforcement agencies.
- Responds to all emergency situations and applies appropriate protocols for the Code, Disaster (command center), ETO Exposure, Fire, Flood, Hazardous spills, and all code situations.
- May assist flight crew and ground crew with Life Flight/Airlift NW transports and securing landing the pad.
- Ensures adherence to protocols; completing, filing and maintaining correct documentation, filing reports, monitoring visitor permits, and assists with maintaining building access control by utilizing the computerized badge/door system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years , military or civilian security or law enforcement experience is required.
- Healthcare facility security experience is preferred.
- BLS Certification upon hire.
- Valid state Driver’s License
- IAHSS (International Assoc for Healthcare Security & Safety) Basic certification required within 45 days of employment.
- If assigned location requires the use of tasers, successfully pass Taser Training Program. After successful completion of Taser Training Program officers will be required to carry the taser while on duty.
- Complete CPI/De-escalation training within 180 days of employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to formulate a plan of action, carry it out with control and apply crisis intervention and de-escalation skills
- Ability to perform data entry as necessary
- Good physical condition to walk, run and lift as needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel
- Acceptable driving record in accordance with the PeaceHealth Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
- Ability to assist in managing violent, uncontrollable persons.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.