Located in Friday Harbor, in the heart of the San Juan Islands, PeaceHealth is seeking RNs for our Critical Access facility. Live the island life, or commute from the mainland and gaze at the water, birds and wildlife, as you commute peacefully to work on the ferry. This facility truly is a gem, and you'll see why as soon as you walk in the doors.
We have Part Time and Full Time, Nights or Variable shifts available.
Hourly compensation is $40.39-$77.06 ; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience.
Hiring Bonus and Relocation may be available
The RN Critical Access is a team member who provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the Position:
What You Bring:
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience in Urgent Care or Emergency Department setting including leadership responsibilities preferred.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy.
- Demonstrated competency to perform procedures as required.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS required at date of hire.
- Current WA Food Handler’s Card required at date of hire.
- ENPC and TNCC must be obtained by date within 12 months of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret clinic’s philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and medical center needs in decision making
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
PEACE ISLAND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 33-66% of the time. Including standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs or less and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work requires exposure to hazardous waste and/or chemicals including chemotherapy drugs. Work may require ability to manage violent or controllable persons
- Work is performed in high stress situations and may require use of PPE such as respirator, mask, gloves, gown, and mask. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail 34-65% of work time.
- Work may require rotating shifts and being on call for emergent staffing needs.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Kathy, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
- PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.