PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Hospital in Florence, Oregon is seeking a CT Technologist for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $41.11-$64.62. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Spotlight on Florence - YouTube
Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information. This technologist will also be performing X-rays.
Schedule: Thursday-Saturday, 1900-0700.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction, and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience, and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Minimum of one year of previous experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need.
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- EPIC RIS, FUJI and IntelliSpace PACS experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required unless the ARRT-CT credential has been obtained via the Nuclear Medicine (NM) pathway instead of the ARRT (R) pathway.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Permanent (OBMI) (RT) licensure with Permanent (OBMI) CT OR Temporary (OBMI) CT Licensure Certification is required upon hire.
- Permanent (OBMI) CT Licensure is required within 1 year of hire OR at the expiration of the last Temporary CT (OBMI) License.
Florence: Work Where you Play!
- Breathtaking Florence, Oregon is a coastal gem! Live in a charming coastal town nestled between the Siuslaw River and the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy stunning beaches, vibrant sunsets and a relaxed atmosphere.
- Florence is known for its friendly locals and strong sense of community. Feel supported and connected at work and throughout town.
- Recreation opportunities abound in this outdoor playground--amazing beaches, rolling sand dunes, numerous lakes, hiking trails, tide pools, and fishing are all nearby.
- Oregon is one of the few states with no sales tax--keep more of your hard-earned money!
- Spotlight on Florence - YouTube
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a complete description of this position, or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected].
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.