PeaceHealth is seeking a Public Relations Specialist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $29.48 – $44.22. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for coordinating proactive and reactive public relations (PR) efforts and support activities and teams dedicated to public relations. Coordinates with PR agency/partner. Prepares key messages/talking points/communications plans, identifies most appropriate spokesperson, develops media pitches at network and system levels; and develops trusting relationships with local, regional and national media as identified in collaboration with network and system director(s).
Responsible for developing communication plans and messages for a variety of internal and external audiences. Ensures the delivery of strategic, timely and cost-efficient communications messages, events and materials to achieve specific, measurable goals, in alignment with organizational priorities. Responsibilities include application of communication, public relations and marketing principles, efficient project management, quality execution, internal and external content creation, excellent interdepartmental communications, and the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet demanding deadlines with a variety of stakeholders and teams.
- Reactive public relations, and crisis management: Oversees day-to-day public relations and media engagement activities. Supports network communicators in assuring reach and impact of strategic media messages aligned with organizational strategies and objectives. Plans for, and leads implementation of, communications efforts responding to urgent issues and crises. Collaborates with PR agency/partner as assigned.
- Public relations planning and implementation: As assigned, works with stakeholders to develop systemwide public relations plans for strategic and mission-driven initiatives. Includes: Goals of public relations, key audiences/stakeholders, messages, timing, approvals needed, and other essential elements. Implements the plan. Monitors effectiveness: makes adjustments as needed.
- Communications planning and implementation: As assigned, works with stakeholders to develop internal and external communications plans for significant initiatives. Includes: Goals of communication, key audiences/stakeholders, messages, timing, approvals needed, and other essential elements. Implements the plan, including coordinating use of distribution lists. Monitors effectiveness of communications; makes adjustments as needed.
- Public relations content development and promotion: Suggests and prepares news releases, story ideas and pitches; fact sheets; op-eds, and other materials to ensure that PeaceHealth messages are consistently and accurately presented in earned and social media channels. To facilitate publication, develops positive relationships with and responds to inquiries from key reporters.
- Measurement and reporting: Measures effectiveness of communications and public relations efforts against plan, division and organizational goals, as needed. Develops, tracks, and reports on PR metrics, including sharing of media insights with all appropriate stakeholders including system and network senior leadership. Collaborates with analytics or other partners to ensure earned media and other required metrics are included in division reports.
- Stakeholder management. Communicates with internal customers, division caregivers and contractors to coordinate the planning, development, production and evaluation of targeted communications plans, materials, campaigns, electronic media and media relations.
- Supports significant special projects as assigned by department leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree Required in a related field such as English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required in a public relations or marketing communications setting.
- Experience in preparing for and leading through issues and crisis management.
- Experience pitching news stories or working with members of the media preferred.
- Experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Proficient presentation skills or a willingness to develop in this area.
- Strong writing and project management skills are essential.
- Experienced with web communications and social media.
- Familiarity with media monitoring software applications (e.g. Cision).
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software preferred.
Department / Location Specific Notes
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.