**Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available **
PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN Anesthesia Pre-op for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $23.50 – $38.06. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Under the supervision of an RN, the LPN provides direct nursing care, within the scope of their license, to patients as directed by the physicians and other healthcare providers. Cooperative decision making is expected in the execution of duties.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Implements and evaluates patient care under the supervision of an RN. Participates in the development of a patient-specific care plan.
- Provides direct patient care including administering medications and treatments as prescribed.
- Documents patient care in health record according to department standards.
- Assigns, prioritizes, requests and accepts guidance and assistance from others to assure delivery of care in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
- Assists in transporting of patients, specimens, supplies and equipment and in the maintenance and stocking of supplies and equipment to assure optimal functioning of the department.
- May triage patient phone calls, counsel patients, provide patient education, take patient histories, administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds and monitor patient vital signs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Accredited State Board of Nursing LPN Program Required
- Minimum of 1 year Preferred: Clinical experience as an LPN
- Required: Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Required Upon Hire: Licensed Practical Nurse - Oregon or
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support and from the American Heart Association (May be required Standard: ENPC, Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- May be required Standard: Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
- Basic computer skills required including familiarity with MS Office applications. (Required)
- Must have cooperative working and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff. (Required)
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to function independently. (Required)
- Proficient with IV’s. (Required)
Department / Location Specific Notes
- LPNs at PeaceHealth working in the state of Oregon will ONLY perform components that align with applicable state regulations within the LPN scope of practice as defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
- LPN may operate in an LPN support position by answering phones, scheduling and checking in outpatients, other clerical duties, and performing nursing tasks delegated by the RN.
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 45 lbs. force (i.e., WOW, medical carts).
- Perform hands on CPR at least 20 mins using 100-125 lbs. of force (National Assoc. of EMS Physicians and AHA) Frequency should be seldom or occasionally.
- Ability to move around area with frequent sitting.
- Bending/ stooping/ squatting/ reaching/ kneeling frequently.
- Lifting (non-patient) up to 20 lbs. occasionally and 5 lbs. frequently.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.