PeaceHealth is seeking a Centralized Scheduling Lead for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $22.15 – $33.22. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
***Must reside in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.***
Coordinates the day-to-day functions of the Centralized Scheduling Department. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. Supports and leads Centralized Scheduling Coordinators; coordinates surgeries, procedures, exams, therapies and evaluations for multiple hospital and outpatient departments, modalities and facilities.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement; ensures compliance with policies; provides leadership feedback on staff performance; and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Collects and evaluates patient demographic, insurance, clinical and non-clinical information.
- Creates and maintains daily schedule by arranging cases to ensure maximum effectiveness of physician and assistants by completing edits in a timely manner. Identifies potential resource conflicts and works with leadership to resolve.
- Ensures all changes to the block and schedule are in accordance with policies and alerts appropriate leadership when out of compliance. Promotes adherence to leadership and board agreements in scheduling practices.
- Ensures cases and appointments have prior authorization; may coordinate with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility and prior authorization.
- May coordinate the gathering of documentation and assembly of patient electronic surgical/procedural charts.
- Communicate effectively with physician offices to resolve conflicts and to ensure accurate scheduling.
- Coordinates and schedules third party resources, equipment, caregivers and providers while maximizing efficiencies and contributing to positive patient and caregiver experiences.
- Serves as central point of communication for caregivers, community referring physicians’ offices, system patient financial services, and internal customers utilizing their services. Receives incoming scheduling and patient coordination calls.
- Supports patients and families in understanding the course of pre-operative preparations and testing.
- Coordinates patient flow through the department
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Associate Degree Required OR equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and lead experience.
- Completion of basic anatomy/physiology class related to exams, especially surgical pre and post-operative diagnosis and interventional procedures preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years scheduling and health records experience in a hospital or healthcare setting required.
- Knowledgeable of surgeries, procedures and exams performed in a hospital or an outpatient setting required.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records system required.
- Electronic Medical Records superuser preferred.
- Experience training staff in a healthcare scheduling setting required.
- Experience with assigning staff workload, progress monitoring and providing feedback to Supervisor about staff performance preferred.
- Experience with scheduling/staffing background strongly preferred in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of surgeries, procedures and exams performed in a hospital or an outpatient setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written.
- Able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and clear and concise telephone skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and responsibly in and environment with multiple demands and time frames, and with minimal supervision.
- Effective skills in problem solving, verbal and written communication skills, organizing and disseminating information with previous demonstrated positive outcomes.
- Working knowledge of staffing office systems and customer service.
- Proficient keyboarding and computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Department / Location Specific Notes
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.