PeaceHealth is seeking a Centralized Scheduling Coordinator (Remote) for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.0001 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $20.14 – $30.21. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
***Must reside in Washington, Oregon or Alaska.***
Supports the Centralized/Integrated Scheduling department by coordinating surgeries, procedures, exams, therapies and evaluations for multiple hospital and outpatient departments, modalities, and facilities. Facilitates equipment, third party schedules, prior authorization, physicians’ schedules, and staffing assignments. Coordinates efficient operation of the department by completing support activities as assigned.
- Serves as central point of communication for community referring physicians and offices, system patient services, and caregivers to secure resources necessary for patient care. Interfaces and/or works directly with nursing units, technologists, physicians, community offices and other medical facilities to coordinate cases and appointments.
- Receives incoming phone calls related to all aspects of scheduling and coordination of patients and resources. Supports patients, caregivers, families, and authorized organizations in understanding the course of pre-procedure and exam testing.
- Assures all changes to the block and schedule are in accordance with policies and alerts appropriate leadership when out of compliance. Promotes adherence to leadership and board agreements in scheduling practices.
- Collects and evaluates patient demographic, insurance, clinical and non-clinical information.
- Analyzes clinical information and/or patient medical history to determine conflicts regarding scheduling surgeries, procedures and exams that would require consultation and resolution.
- Analyses algorithm assigned to each department, modality, and facility to identify how to best coordinate services. Assists in the update of guidelines and policies.
- Coordinates and schedules third party resources, equipment, caregivers, and providers while maximizing efficiencies and contributing to positive patient and caregiver experiences.
- Maintains template, block and schedule for multiple hospitals and outpatient departments and resources.
- Identifies inaccuracies and missing data that would affect departments’ financial results; monitors cancellation and rescheduling of cases and appointments to manage schedules, equipment, and blocks; identifies potential resource conflicts and works with leadership to resolve.
- Ensures cases and appointments have prior authorization; may coordinate with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility and prior authorization.
- Creates and runs reports by department and modality to audit performance. Audits and arranges cases and appointments to ensure maximum efficiency of physicians and caregivers.
- Obtains required paperwork and/or electronic form for chart completion; ensures orders, history and physical, and consents are compliant.
- Performs other duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Associates degree required; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training, and experience.
- CNA or MA preferred
- Completion of basic anatomy/physiology class related to exams, especially surgical pre- and post-operative diagnosis and interventional procedures preferred.
- Minimum 2 years scheduling and health records experience in a hospital or healthcare setting required.
- Experience with scheduling is preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records system required.
- Experience in scheduling multiple healthcare departments and/or facilities preferred.
- Experience with compliance and legal documentation of orders, history and physical and consents preferred.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of surgeries, procedures and exams performed in a hospital or an outpatient setting preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- If CNA or MA, certification from appropriate state required.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and responsibility in an environment with multiple demands, interruptions, and time frames, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service and clear and concise telephone skills required.
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills that demonstrate positive outcomes.
- Knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) applications.
- Proficient keyboarding and computer skills.
Department / Location Specific Notes
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.