PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA2 - Medical for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $19.76 – $31.02. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
***Hiring bonus may be available***
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data
- May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Required: Acute Care Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Minimum of 1 year Preferred: Experience in an acute care facility and
- Required: Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Required : Certified Nurse Assistant - Alaska or
- Required : Certified Nurse Assistant - Oregon or
- Required : Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington and
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians. (Required)
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned. (Required)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment (Required)
- Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills. (Required)
- Excellent communication skills (Required)
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills (Required)
Department / Location Specific Notes
Oregon West Network:
- CNA level II certification required at time of hire (see exception for Peace Harbor Medical Center CNA II training program below).
- Short Stay Unit:
- Minimum of 1 year of Surgical Experience is required
OWN–Peace Harbor Medical Center:
- CNA II Training Program:
- Oregon CNA level II certification required at time of hire, OR
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification-Oregon, AND
- Oregon CNA level II certification required following completion of approved CNA II training program sponsored by Peace Harbor Medical Center:
- CNA level II certification required within 7 days following training completion. Caregiver will be unable to work in unit until CNA level II certification is active.
- Minimum of one year related experience required.
Peace Harbor Medical Center:
- Additional Tasks for SSU/PACU and Medical Outpatient Services (MOPS) CNA2:
- Float between MOPS and SSU/PACU.
- Assist as EKG Tech for Outpatient Stress Testing (MOPS only).
- Weekend call (MOPS only)
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 45 lbs. force (i.e., WOW, medical carts).
- Perform hands on CPR at least 20 mins using 100-125 lbs. of force (National Assoc. of EMS Physicians and AHA) Frequency should be seldom or occasionally.
- Ability to move around area with frequent sitting.
- Bending/ stooping/ squatting/ reaching/ kneeling frequently.
- Lifting (non-patient) up to 20 lbs. occasionally and 5 lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a noisy environment.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.