PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant - Float Pool for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $23.01 – $32.22. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; selects, setup and maintains medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of the patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Accredited Program Required: Medical Assistant or
- Accredited Program Required: Medical Office Assistant. that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g., associate degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum of 1 year Preferred: Experience in a medical office.
- Required: National Medical Assistant Certification. When referring to the National Certification requirement, the following are acceptable in meeting that requirement:
- Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants AAMA; Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologists (AMT); Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA); National Certified Medical Assistant through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) administered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA); Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through American Allied Health (AAH); Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant administered by the National Association for Health Professionals (NAHPUSA).
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.