The General Surgery team at PeaceHealth RiverBend includes 7 surgeons, and 4 APCs and may support additional surgery departments such as, Bariatric and Vascular surgery.
- Ability to work directly with surgeons in the OR, rounding on patients in the Hospital, and in a clinic setting
- Surgical experience preferred, not required
- Willing to consider all surgical specialties
- Collegial, supportive, team environment
The Eugene/Springfield community is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as, Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette River, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie River. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for your culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. RiverBend Medical Center is minutes away from Eugene and the University of Oregon Campus. Go Ducks! We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
Reach out to me directly and kindly include your CV: [email protected]
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
- First year hourly wage: $63.25 - $77.48/hour depending on experience
- Employment bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Allowance
Under the direct supervision of a physician, the Physician Assistant is responsible for caring for, treating and triaging appropriately, patient's medical, physical and psychosocial needs.
- Within scope of practice, perform comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams and interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures to assist in formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Order, collect and perform appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures and studies.
- Provide needed procedures, including assisting in surgery and continually assess patient’s needs and conduct appropriate follow up.
- Performing procedures, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic procedures within scope of practice.
- Order, prescribe and dispense medication and durable goods as allowed by state and within scope of practice.
- Maintain required records and writes progress notes on patient charts as to status, treatments and procedures.
- Counsel the patient as to preventative care, medical problems, exercise, and the use of prescribed medications and treatments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accredited Program Required: Physician Assistant.
- Required: Must be Board certified by the AAPA
- Minimum of 1 year Physician Assistant experience preferred, not required.
- Required: Physician Assistant
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs (Required)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (Required)
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patient, families, other healthcare staff, and other departments (Required)
- Personal responsibility for ongoing educational growth, and collaborating with others to provide solutions for continued patient quality (Required)
- Basic computer skills (Required)
Department / Location Specific Notes
PHMG Physician Assistant Specialty:
- At the request of either the PH Senior Director for Medical Informatics and/or the PHMG System Medical Director for Informatics, a provider might be asked to obtain Epic Certification in order to support the CareConnect project as a Provider Builder.
General Surgery PA
- Assist in Surgery, conducts hospital rounds, write orders and takes call with the General Surgeon.
- Exerting up to 35 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Consistently operates computer and other medical equipment. Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment. Bending/ stooping/ squatting/ reaching kneeling frequently.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.