PeaceHealth is seeking a System VP People Operations in Vancouver, WA...
Responsible for providing leadership in the strategic planning, implementation and evaluation of workplace culture, performance standards and operating practices which contribute to positive and productive working relationships and supportive and safe work culture across PeaceHealth. Responsible for setting the vision and strategy to deliver high value, efficient Human Resources services through an HR Partner Organization, including oversight, development and delivery of labor and employee relations strategy. Assures the alignment of HR Partner Organization with system-wide goals to support caregivers and leaders across PeaceHealth. Works in partnership with other System HR VPs to ensure alignment toward One PeaceHealth. Responsible for centralization, standardization, and implementation of HR policies, processes, and services throughout the HR Partner Organization in support of One PeaceHealth. Responsible for the operational and financial performance of assigned areas. Serves as a model for a One PeaceHealth approach both in HR and across the organization. Supports Mission Services directed Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access initiatives.
- Develops, leads, and communicates a compelling vision to achieve high standards of effectiveness for service areas which inspires them to pursue excellence through effective and efficient work processes and technology.
- Effectively envisions and participates in the development of new and optimized HR strategies to address competitive, complex business issues and objectives. Gains organizational support for implementation of aligned HR programs and policies. Develops and nurtures relationships with acute and ambulatory chief executives and executive teams to advance leadership, labor and culture strategies. Responsible for supporting productivity optimization in partnership with network-based chief nursing officers.
- In partnership with other System HR VPs, HR Directors, and Labor Relations Manager, develops systemwide labor negotiations strategy to promote contract alignment with standard PeaceHealth pay and business practices and to reduce variation in support of One PeaceHealth.
- Provides leadership and direction to the HR Partner Organization leaders and caregivers; creating and communicating a vision that motivates them to pursue high standards of excellence and making real the HR vision statement of exceptional and compassionate service to each caregiver, every time, every touch. Ensures HR Partner Organization is aligned with One PeaceHealth vision.
- Sets expectation and engages the HR Partners in working as a team in the implementation of aligned HR programs, processes and policies and ensures alignment across all of the HR centers of excellence.
- Serves as a change management leader, leveraging technology, tools, and best practices. Enhances organizational discipline and competency of effective change management.
- Develops and delivers value through service and performance excellence, seeking continuous rapid process improvement and implementation of best practices.
- Communicates transparently, authentically, and frequently; establishing regular meetings, written/verbal reports, and an engaging and vibrant, trusting culture.
- Builds caregiver engagement and increases caregiver service, contribution, and commitment to the organization. Specific focus on developing strong partnerships and service delivery levels with Human Experience function. Assist with role clarity and optimize service to our customers.
- Ensures a HR Dashboard is in place to provide current metrics, outcomes, and identify trends to deliver value to the organization through service excellence, quality, and cost. Ensure accountability to performance and culture measures.
- Assures regulatory compliance, and appropriate security and confidentiality for the organization and caregivers.
- Develops annual budget and other financial measures and reports for the HR Partner Organizations.
- Primary or collaborative responsibility for a number of key initiatives including annual performance reviews and succession planning.
- Key partnership and stakeholder relationships include: Other HR Leaders and caregivers, DEI/Mission Services, Marketing and Communications, Finance, Network CEs and CNOs, Medical Group Execs, and Operational partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline required.
- Master’s degree or combination of education and professional experience equivalent that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive management experience with extensive experience in employee and labor relations and human resources
- Experience in non-profit healthcare system and corporate role highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with positive outcomes in consulting with senior management on a wide array of initiatives is required.
- Experience in working in a matrix relationship model, system services, HR partner organization and centers of expertise with developed service standards strongly preferred.
- Shared services and HRPO experience strongly desired.
- PHR or SPHR or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
- High level of business acumen including intimate knowledge of healthcare industry and trends
- Demonstrated track record in delivering value through service excellence and performance outcomes.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in current HR Information System tools and technology
- Strong HR Analytics and experience in establishment of Metrics, Outcomes and Service Level Agreements
- Current knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations regarding Labor Relations and Employment (NLRB, DOL, EEOC, Wage and Hour, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal presentation communications skills and techniques.
- Change leader, with ability to inspire and engage teams to achieve high levels of service excellence
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of responsibilities is required.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- This is an SSC based role. Although the work situation can be hybrid, periodic attendance in Vancouver SSC offices is required.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $233,491 – $329,513. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer a strong total rewards package. Benefits include 403b retirement plans with employer base and matching contributions, 457 plans, medical/dental/vision coverage, unlimited time off, employer-paid life and disability with buy-up options, wellness benefits and expanded EAP and mental health programs.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Sedentary work.
- Environmental Conditions
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.