Job ID: 75236
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Part-time benefits
Surgical Services Medical Director at Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, administrative management position, working closely with the surgical services leadership team and the hospital executive team to ensure optimal performance of all departments within surgical services. The Medical director is expected to ensure safe, efficient operations throughout the peri-operative environment.
Committee Chair: Block Committee and Surgical Services Executive Committee, any other ad hoc committees as needed
Performance improvement activities (see KPIs below) and regulatory activities
Administrative (policy review and enforcement)
Key expectations in collaboration with dyad partner and executive team:
1. Ensure safety, appropriateness, and quality of medical care.
2. Lead or serve an integral role in operational and departmental meetings/workgroups/councils.
3. Chair Surgical Services Executive Committee in partnership with nursing director.
4. Chair Block committee.
5. Represent SHMC-RB at system groups / collaboratives,
6. Acquire, maintain, and apply knowledge of regulatory requirements. Ensure surgeon adherence to regulatory requirements.
7. Engage in performance improvement.
8. Conducts and or coordinates educational programs as appropriate.
9. Recommends, reviews, and facilitates implementation of policies and procedures.
10. Participate in efforts to hire and retain staff and maintain a collegial working environment.
11. Meet key performance indicators for this position. CMO will be responsible for determining annual metrics and will be reviewed at a minimum annually.
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as, Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette River, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie River. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for your culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
If this position resonates with you, reach out to me directly, [email protected].
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
Experience preferred not required.
Department / Location Specific Notes
Reports to Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth has exceptional benefits.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.