PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Pharmacy Services for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $92.54 – $138.80. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Directs, controls and is accountable for Pharmacy Services. Develops long and short-term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility. Responsible for directing and coordinating all pharmacy activities including the purchase, receipt, storage, compounding and dispensing of pharmaceuticals and ensuring that the pharmacy provides optimal services, meets all legal, accreditation and certification requirements and complies with all applicable policies, procedures, codes and standards of the organization.
- Provide leadership for operational effectiveness, personnel management and fiscal accountability for areas of responsibility. Develop, implement and monitor operating and capital budgets. Accountable for meeting budgetary and operational targets. May have oversight for multiple locations and divisions of pharmacy including Hospital, Clinic and Pharmacy Benefit for caregivers.
- Develop annual objectives including goals and strategies for department. Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired results.
- Direct purchasing, storage, distribution and charge/crediting of drug products. Responsible for overseeing the design, implementation and management of a safe and effective medication use system. Ensures medication systems incorporate continuous improvement methodologies in order to operate effectively across the entire continuum of care. Responsible for developing plans for the continued operation of medication-use systems and for the provision of pharmaceutical services during emergencies and disasters. Ensure continued compliance with all national, state and local regulations related to medications and their use.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with leadership and caregivers system-wide. Support implementation of strategic initiatives and decisions.
- Participate as an active member of the Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee and assure that all medication related processes, policies, and practices are reviewed and communicated.
- Ensure the presence of an on-going quality improvement program and champions the continuous improvement process for all areas within scope and span of control.
- Direct recruitment, training, development and evaluation of staff.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with other pharmacy leadership system-wide to support quality delivery of pharmacy services. Collaborate with peers to develop drug-utilization and formulary initiatives that optimize therapeutic outcomes and ensure the use of cost-effective pharmacotherapy.
- Pharmacist-In-Charge (PIC) responsibilities as prescribed by State regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Required: Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy and
- Master's Degree Required: or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job and
- Preferred: Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Minimum of 7 years Required: Hospital pharmacy experience and
- Minimum of 5 years Required: Management experience
- Required : Multi-State Registered Pharmacist iIn state of practice
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability. (Required)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. (Required)
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications. (Required)
- Strong customer service and results focus. (Required)
- Strong math and analytical skills. (Required)
- Ability to motivate and coach staff, promote ongoing learning and lead improvement activities. (Required)
- Ability to prioritize workloads and work independently. (Required)
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with other leadership and caregivers at all levels of the organization. (Required)
- Demonstrated leadership ability. (Required)
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Some time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.