PeaceHealth is seeking a Inventory Control Coordinator - Supply Chain Operations for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $20.14 – $39.88. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Responsible for optimizing and maintaining control of supply and equipment inventory for the hospital storeroom or warehouse. Supports PARs and other stock locations may also apply depending on the location and scope of control.
- Completes daily stock inventory reorder reports and validating the recommended reorder quantities to assure accuracy. Evaluates reorder points and reorder amounts for all stock inventory items. Forecasts inventory tendencies to minimize stock-outs or over stock scenarios. Coordinates backorder / exception reports and confirmations, coordinates delivery timelines and substitutions. Assists with reviewing inventory add requests.
- Coordinates daily cycle counting or other quality assurance requirements and posting variances in system. Makes inventory adjustments within system and determines underlying cause of discrepancies and make corrections.
- Conducts physical inventory counts. Conducts routine inventory and PAR location evaluations.
- Ensures storeroom caregivers are trained in basic inventory and warehouse practices. Trains and supports customers.
- Coordinates with buyers on departmental and vendor returns to ensure accurate on-hand quantities and credits.
- Pulls vendor recalled items and corresponding lot numbers, documenting the removal of recalled items and coordinating the disposition and/or replacement of recalled items.
- Evaluates units of measure and conversion factors for stock inventory items and makes corrections as necessary.
- Ensures that storeroom and PAR location labels are up to date. Identifies and removes slow movers. Works with distributor to establish supply usage and with purchasing to coordinate supply logistics.
- Coordinates the month end closing activities for the inventory control system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in healthcare supply chain or inventory control using information technology required.
- Experience with and MMIS (Material Management Information Systems) required.
- Lawson / Infor experience preferred.
- A basic knowledge of medical products.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (including Excel and Outlook), experience with an MMIS. Comfortable with handheld scanner type technology.
- Good communication skills including verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, take responsibility and ownership.
- Self-direction and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to provide leadership to teammates and work with clinical, front-line caregivers as well as management.
- Detail oriented, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Department / Location Specific Notes
Oregon West Network: Sacred Heart Medical Center – Kitchen:
- Food Service inventory control experience preferred.
- Serve Safe certification is required.
- Physical requirements: 8 hours a day of lifting and carrying with occasionally lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Buyer/Products Coord.: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Central Supply Tech/Inventory Clerk: Ability to move around area. Frequent lifting up to 50lbs. Occasionally manipulating up to 100lbs. with assistance, to transport and stock assigned supplies and materials. Occasional bending, stooping, and climbing, reaching .
- Predominantly operates in an office or warehouse/supply room environment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.