PeaceHealth is seeking a Applications Systems Analyst Senior - Inpatient Clinical Documentation (Remote) for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $39.24 – $58.86. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
***Must reside in Washington, Oregon, Texas or Alaska.***
The Applications Systems Analyst Sr. works on increasingly complex projects and business challenges, with higher levels of impact and/or visibility. This position works with minimal supervision, serves as a mentor to other caregivers on the team, applies a mastery of all existing standards related to our application development and software environments and leads efforts to add or refine standards as necessary. Facilitates the application development lifecycle or implementation of existing software applications or tools (e.g. software used for enterprise content management functions) to meet business objectives and ensure customer satisfaction. Focusing on customer needs and requirements, responsibilities include documenting requirements and communicating them to facilitate the design, development, testing and implementation phases of the software application project lifecycle. Serves as Project Lead for assigned projects.
- Leads Projects associated with application implementation and execution of high complexity and larger impact. Applies project management methodology and utilizes standard project management for software in development and maintenance of project plans.
- Reviews and understands system options and specifications of Applications and utilizes the specifications as applicable to make recommendations on use.
- Consults with customers to understand workflows, processes, data collection, report details and other technical issues associated with application software as they relate to system design and build decisions that support the department's function and goals.
- Analyzes design alternatives and makes appropriate design decisions. Designs, validates and confirms new or changed functionality with the application environment that meets customer specifications. Understands and translates the business/department functionality into Application configurations and workflow validations.
- Builds, tests, and debugs application to ensure the system meets end-user requirements. Builds complete testing plans to validate system parameters and functionality performs as specified with minimal guidance.
- Identifies and resolves complex issues. This includes identifying appropriate resources and potential solution with minimal guidance. May delegate systems issues to analysts for resolution. Provides guidance on priority.
- Proactively completes assigned application deployment, management and testing tasks. May provide guidance to analysts.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to other analysts.
- Assists application and technical team in the on-going management of user requests, issues, clinical application problems, and delivery of application enhancements.
- Maintains project documentation including resources used, decisions, outcomes, agreements etc.
- Works with vendors as appropriate to ensure smooth operation of products, reporting and resolution of issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business required OR equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in healthcare industry experience required OR demonstrated ability to work on the most complex projects facing PeaceHealth (with full grasp of all relevant technologies).
- Experience working on increasingly complex projects with minimal supervision required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with software or hardware technology including designing, configuring, or implementing applications required.
- Healthcare operations background preferred.
- Experience with clinical and business workflow analysis for development of electronic solutions within assigned application required.
- Experience organizing and managing detailed information and working with and leading teams required.
- EPIC Certification or experience required. Inpatient Clinical Documentation preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained clinical area as required by State preferred.
- Knowledge of operational healthcare hospital workflows.
- Knowledge of system configuration, data tools and concepts, application implementations, optimization, report writing, or related applicable skill set.
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to employ systems analysis concepts, techniques, industry best practices, tools and standards.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently in an environment with multiple work demands and focus on detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to accommodate varying levels of travel to attend meetings, implementations and customer support activities.
- Utilize software change management, process improvement and quality planning methods in all phases of work.
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.