Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Home Health Aide - Hospice for a Full Time, Evening position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.00, more depending on experience.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
This is an exciting time to join our Sacred Heart Hospice team as we focus on growth and development of our program. This exceptional and dedicated team provides high quality, compassionate and mission driven care.
We are proud to boast that we have a nearly 0% first year turnover rate, are the largest agency in the area, have exceptional quality and patient satisfaction scores, maintain a great relationship with the ONA, andhave a strong outpatient Palliative Care program.
This position is responsible for performing personal care and household delegated tasks for home health/hospice patients and providing limited nursing care and therapy services to the patients under the clinical supervision of a registered nurse and may receive guidance from a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist as outlined in the Home Health Aide Care Plan.
- Perform patient care duties/tasks as outlined on the patient specific home health/hospice care plan.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; change non-sterile dressings; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; assist patient with taking oral medications as directed by the physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may including: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; assistance with bed pans and/or urinals; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed. May assist with use of special equipment (i.e. walker, wheelchair, cane).
- Assist with meal preparations and/or feeding, change bed linen and perform light housekeeping when outlined on the patient’s care plan.
- Provide accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Takes prompt action in response to changes in patient’s health condition and notifies registered nurse/ therapist case manager and/or Patient Care Manager in a timely manner.
- Provides services to a generally adult patient/caregiver population; and given area of clinical specialty, skills and training, may also provide services to pediatric population.
- Effectively communicates with patients, caregivers, RN/therapist case manager, Patient Care Manager and other members of the inter/multidisciplinary team to assure an appropriate, quality and smooth flow of are/services for the patient through the care continuum.
- For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provides accurate, legible and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of two years CNA and or Home Health Aide experience in a nursing home, hospital or home care setting required. Home Health experience is preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Nurse Aide certification as required by state or facility.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Ability to care for patients in a wide variety of environments
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Organized, flexible and able to function independently
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon – Sacred Heart Home Health Services:
- Current CNA certification required at date of hire.
- Home Health Aide certification required within 1 month of hire into Home Health Aide position.